Parents and Leaders
Although most teachers and parents recognise that residential courses offer children and young people invaluable experiences, we understand that many are concerned about organising such trips in the current social climate. We understand these concerns and have done everything we can to ensure schools are given every support throughout the process. We take pride in our Health and Safety record, and believe that this is one of the reasons 84% of our visitors return to stay at the Gwersyll time after time. Robust structures are already in place which ensure the safety of children, teachers and adults during their stay.
Below is an outline of our security systems
- 3 Safety Barriers and CCTV system
- Night Watchmen
- CRB - Every member of staff has undertaken the Criminal Records Bureau process (check)
- Qualified staff for activities. The Gwersyll has received 'Investors in People' status and has also won the title 'Employer of the Year' at the Cwlwm Busnes Ceredigion awards.
- Fire Safety. A fire drill is held as soon as possible after the children arrive at the Gwersyll. Rooms with visible fire alarms are provided for those with hearing impairments.
- First Aid - There are fully-qualified First Aid Officers on call 24 hours a day
- Designated First Aid Room and a place in which medicine is kept under lock
- Health Forms - An opportunity for parents to disclose any problems / special needs (see the enclosed form)
- Specific systems are in place for food allergies. A menu is provided for every dietary need.
- Risk Assessments for every activity
- A full-time NEBOSH officer who is responsible for Health and Safety