Gemau Cymru requires a number of volunteers in various roles to ensure the smooth running of the event.
We try to ensure that volunteers are recruited to their preferred role; however this will not always be possible.
Gemau Cymru is a bilingual event, therefore both Welsh speaking and non-Welsh speaking volunteers are welcome to register.
This year we have created two different roles for volunteers:
Volunteers that deal directly with the competition such as….
- Timekeepers – Swimming and Triathlon
- Pitch Assistants – Rugby
- Referees – Triathlon
- Marshalls – Swimming and Triathlon
- Results Assistant – Athletics, Gymnastics, Swimming and Rugby
- Field event assistant - Athletics
This role will also include the following duties:
- Assist with distributing results around the location
- Assist with medal ceremonies
- Support National Governing Bodies to ensure that the competition runs smoothly
- Assist with setting and clearing the playing area at the beginning and end of the competition
These shifts will be dependant on the start time of the competition who you are working at. Volunteers may need to complete further training in addition to the training day, to ensure they are able to complete their duties effectively.
Volunteers that are responsible for adminitrative elements of the competition such as….
- Registering competitors
- Registering cameras
- Programme selling
- Stewarding (different to marshalling)
- Preparing the site/playing area before the competition
- Parking and leading competitors and spectators
These shifts will not be depedant on the start time of the competition.
All volunteers will receive specific and detailed training to ensure they are confident in their role throughout the event. Please click on the training tab for more information.